Suggested questions for Dr. Mark Hyman, author of The UltraMind Solution
- Q: In UltraMind, you present a radical departure from the traditional treatments therapies, showing that the cure for brain disorders begins in other parts of our bodies and that by healing our bodies we will heal our brains.
- Q: Does this mean that we might be able to cure lifelong depression, autism, dementia, bipolar disease, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and psychosis and free ourselves from brain fog, memory loss, anxiety, chronic stress, and mood swings–without drugs?
- Q: You have shown that the "symptoms" and "diseases" we think are brain problems are simply imbalances in the body that show up in the brain. Can you give an example of how this works?
- Q: Which foods are bad for your brain health, and why?
- Q: So many people–children especially–are profoundly affected when they eat gluten, which is found in wheat, barley, rye, oats, and more. What chain reaction does gluten set off and what symptoms does it cause in children?
- Q: You call the gut the body's "second brain." How does digestion play such a big role in brain health?
- Q: How common is heavy metal poisoning and how can we detoxify?
- Q: The UltraMind Solution is based on your work and success with patients in the emerging field of functional medicine. Tell us about functional medicine and how it applies to fixing our broken brains.
- Q: You provide UltraMind solutions to heal imbalances in the body's seven core systems and, in turn, heal our brains. Why aren't more doctors putting some of these solutions into practice right now?
- Q: If people suspect they have a problem, what should they do first? Is there a test they should request?
Copyright © 2009 UltraWellness LLC.